You have found the woman of your dreams, you have popped the question and she said yes. You need to do more than just show up on time for the big day. Do not let the stress of planning the wedding keep you two from being the happy couple. Your future wife needs you to be her rock as well as a soft place to land. She has to juggle planning her dream wedding, family pressures, friends’ opinions, etc. It will mean so much to her for you to step it up by taking more interest and responsibility in the planning process.
Here are a list of responsibilities that traditionally should be performed by you:
- Choosing his groomsmen, best man, and ushers
- Choosing attire for himself and his wedding party
- Choosing a gift for the bride
- Compiling his guest list, including his parent’s additions
- Planning the honeymoon
- Choosing his wedding band
- Arranging wedding transportation from the ceremony to the reception site
- Paying the officiant
- Buying the marriage license
- Making toasts at the reception
- Tipping Vendors
- Arrange wedding night accommodation
- Choose thank you gifts for the men in the wedding party
Although the above list is just shows traditional responsibilities, don’t hesitate to be available and fully present when your future wife needs your ear, your thoughts, and your time. It will go along way toward starting your marriage right.