There are many reasons to renew your vows. Couples often wish to “renew” their marriage after surviving a long separation or an unsettling period. Some couples choose to renew their vows after a particularly difficult crisis in their lives, say for example, the overcoming of a serious illness. Others simply want to reaffirm the tremendous love that has matured and deepened with the passing of years. Others are simply looking for a momentous way to celebrate an important anniversary.
Renewing wedding vows can be a meaningful, touching, revivifying ceremony for you and your children, family and friends. As a married couple, it is a time to pause and reflect on where you have been and where you are going.
Wedding vow renewal ceremonies can be as creative and personal as you want them to be. Your ceremony can be less formal than a wedding – more casual and fun. It should completely reflect the two of you. Here are a few ways that a renewal of your vows can be both fun and meaningful:
- Involve the children or other family members in ceremony
- Recreate your original bouquet
- Use your wedding photo to make personalized invitations.
- Return to your original honeymoon destination.
- Display your first wedding photograph.
- Write personalized wedding vows.
- Enter to your favorite song.
Renewing your vows is a wonderful way to let them know–along with family and friends–that you would marry them all over again.